Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cakes, Cupcakes and Icing











It's been so long since I have blessed you all with my high level writing skills. I have been unbelievably busy with my cake decorating class. I haven't officially mastered my cake decorating skills just yet, but believe me, I am working on it. I have mastered the art of icing consistency. I have whipped up so many cups of icing, like 15 to be exact. I think I bought Kroger out of powdered sugar and crisco. I had no idea icing could be so unruly. It made a mess of my kitchen. It was like a snow day in there...

After successfully making enough icing to fill my bathrub, I iced my cake. Then, I took it to class and we decorated it with a rainbow and clouds. I wrote Happy Birthday on it and an age (which I won't reveal) for my dear friend and co-worker Colleen and then we helped her celebrate in style.

For this week, it's cupcakes with clowns on them! How fun! I can't wait. Maye one day, I will seriously post pictures. Until then people, just use the imagination!! (*update: I finally put the pics up.)






No comments: